Dog Friendly Holidays
We're sure that your dog / pet will also have an enjoyable holiday. With lots of space to walk your dog on the campsite, and a dog walk adjacent to the park where they can also be exercised.
Perran Springs Holiday Park welcomes your family pet in your camping or touring unit.
Dog Friendly Camping In Cornwall
Cornwall is a great holiday destination for your family pet. There are lovely coastal and countryside walks, woodland areas, gardens and fantastic dog friendly beaches, where they’ll experience wonderful new sights, smells and sounds.
As dog owners in the past ourselves, we understand that your pet is part of your family. At Perran Springs we welcome up to 3 pets in your own camping or touring unit.
To ensure that all guests enjoy their holiday, there are a few points to follow during your stay with us, please read below.
Dogs and All Other Pets:
1. You are not permitted to bring any pet or animal onto the Park except a maximum of three dogs/pets in your own Camping or Touring Unit. Certain breeds of dog are not permitted, which includes any dogs listed in the Dangerous Dog Act 1991.
2. You must inform us at the time of making your booking, whether you intend to bring a pet(s) with you, as they are only permitted within your own Touring or Camping pitch, and not in any of our Caravan Holiday Homes, Log Pods or Eurotents. You must tell us before you visit the park if you plan to bring any pet or animal and answer any reasonable question about them and their suitability for our park environment. If we are not satisfied that the pet or animal is suitable for our park environment, we may tell you that you cannot bring them. This is because we cannot allow the safety of others to be put at risk.
3. If you bring your dog(s)/pet(s) with you when you stay with us you must:
3.1. Keep the dog(s)/pet(s) on a short lead on the park at all times.
3.2. Clean up immediately after any fouling by your dog(s)/pet(s).
3.3. Any dog(s) pet(s) or animal(s) you bring must be supervised by and under the control of you, or of a responsible adult in your party, at all times. This means you may not leave any pet or animal unsupervised in your unit, or on your pitch, or anywhere on the park at any time, apart from very small pets which permanently live in a small cage, aquarium or similar. Nor may you leave any pet or animal under the supervision of any person aged under 18. These rules apply even if the pet or animal knows the park well and you believe them to be well-behaved.
4. We reserve the right to require that the owner removes their dog(s), or any other pet(s) in their party, from the park if it is a nuisance or danger to other guests. If you do not supervise and control any pet or animal, we are likely to ask you to remove it from the park straight away. This is because we cannot allow the safety of others to be put at risk.
5. Dogs/pets are not permitted in any park building, or the lake meadow, the badger meadow or the fox recreation meadow.
6. Dogs/pets are to be tied when on the pitch and/or walked on a short lead by an adult aged 18 years and over only. Dogs and cats must wear a collar and Identity tag.
7. Nothing in these terms and conditions prevents you from bringing an assistance dog to the park if this is required to support your disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued you with an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence.
8. Clause 5, above, does not apply to registered assistance dogs.
9. If you see another pet or animal anywhere on the park which does not appear to be supervised by and under the control of a responsible adult, or whose behaviour gives a cause for concern please tell us straight away.
DOG / PET INFO
Whilst pets cannot be left unattended here on the park at any time. There are a variety of places to visit with your pet. These include woodlands and beaches where your dog can run free and attractions and pubs, where they are able to join you for some fun family time together.
Perranporth Beach is a great place to let your dogs run free on the sand and in the surf during the warm summer evenings. They are welcome at The Watering Hole on Perranporth Beach, the UK’s only bar on a beach! The local Goonhavern village pub – The New Inn is within level walking distance of Perran Springs and accepts well behaved dogs in their Beer Garden and there is a Doggies & Moggies shop, full of pet products in the nearby Goonhavern Garden Centre Complex. Perranporth has a Veterinary Clinic. (For more details, see our Park Information Boards when you are on holiday with us).
Dog Friendly Beaches within a short drive from Perran Springs include; Perranporth (dogs must be kept on short leads July to September – between 9am and 5pm), Trevaunance Cove in St Agnes (dogs must be kept on leads) and the Newquay beaches of Holywell Bay, Pollyjoke, Crantock, Fistral, Little Fistral, Towan, Watergate Bay and Mawgan Porth.
For an A4 colour pdf copy of our Doggy/Pet Holiday Info Leaflet please click here.
For a great scenic walk with your dog, use this link to see the Perranporth to St. Agnes part of the magnificent South West Coastal Path:
To download or view information on some dog friendly; Cornish woodlands, gardens, attractions and local places to eat and drink, please click on the links below.
Dog Friendly Gardens
Heligan Gardens Map (Pentewan) – open pdf file
Trebah Gardens Map (Nr. Falmouth) – open pdf file
Trewithen Gardens Map (Probus) – open pdf file
Trelissick Garden (Nr. Truro) – https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/trelissick
Pinetum Gardens (St Austell) – https://www.pinetumgardens.com
Dog Friendly Attractions
Eden Project (St Austell) – https://www.edenproject.com/visit/before-you-visit/dogs
Heartlands (Pool) – http://www.heartlandscornwall.com
Seal Sanctuary (Gweek) – https://www.visitsealife.com/gweek/plan/dog-friendly/
Pendennis Castle (Falmouth) – http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/pendennis-castle/
Local Places to Eat and Drink With Your Dog
The New Inn (just a short walk away in Goonhavern) – https://www.thenewinngoonhavern.co.uk
The Watering Hole (on Perranporth Beach) – http://www.thewateringhole.co.uk
Pavillion Ice (Perranporth ice cream for dogs and humans!) – https://www.facebook.com/atperranporthpavilion/
Comments from our guests
Peace and quiet for our stay. Beautiful and immaculately clean!
Peace and quiet for our stay, beautiful and immaculately clean site with very friendly staff who are prepared to bend over backwards to help you at all times. We are looking forward to next year along with our Pet Labrador (Neby)..
Our Guests Return Year After Year
Choose Your Dates & Book Online:
Central Location In Cornwall
Perran Springs Holiday Park is ideally positioned to explore all of Cornwall. With Perranporth beach only 2.5 miles away.
There is plenty of space in which to enjoy a family BBQ, or to sit and relax in an idyllic setting, whilst reading a book.
Our camping pitch areas: Swift, Pheasant, Jay, Owl and Woodpecker are all within easy reach of our facilities. If you have an area preference, we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.
Washing-up is made easier for all the family by the thoughtful positioning of 24hr dishwashing facilities with free hot water, complete with a drinking water tap and waste water disposal point, all within thirty metres of most camping pitches..